Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Racing Ahead


My daughter Cait is on a roll. Her energy is contagious, but I do run out of steam before she does. She has signed us up for the Relay for Life and I am onboard too. We are planning fundraisers in addition to the Relay itself. More info to come.



I love traditional crafts. I use sgraffitto or scratch carving to decorate goose eggs.This is a technique used by the Europeans and the Pennsylvania Germans to decorate eggs and pottery for centuries. I was very pleased to find a site that fosters the practice of traditional folk arts, Traditionalfolkarts.com. They are also supporting the American Cancer Society with a Spring Welcoming sale. Check out the beautiful handwork of these talented artists. Clink on the link to the left to see their wares.

No comments:

Post a Comment